When not in use by the Vikings, the i-pitch will also be available for the community to hire for a whole host of activities such as corporate events, birthday parties and stag do’s. It will also transform into a five-a-side & seven-a-side football and touch rugby facility during the evening and play host to a number of local competitions.
Terms and Conditions of i-Pitch Hiring and Use
- Applications for regular hire of sports pitches shall be on the form provided and addressed to:
Halton Borough Council (i-pitch Booking)
Lower House Lane
- In order to qualify as a regular hire booking, the following conditions must be met:
i. 10 or more bookings must be made in the same transaction for the same sport
ii. All of the bookings must be separated from each other by 24 hours over a maximum of 12 months.
- All Payments must be made in advance. All bookings remains provisional until full payment is received.
- Halton Borough Council will allocate pitches at its discretion in order to accommodate all regular hire applications as best as possible. We will write to you with details of the grounds and pitches you have been allocated within 2 weeks of receiving your postal application, and a receipt for your first payment.
- Sub-letting or assignment of pitches/facilities bookings is not permitted.
- Pitches are booked by the hour and times as determined by the Stadium.
- Halton Borough Council reserves the right to decline or cancel bookings to accommodate other fixtures at any time.
- Halton Borough Council reserves the right to close any pitch any day or days on which it has been let. We will endeavour to accommodate any lost bookings due to pitch conditions or bad weather within a reasonable timescale or offer credits against future bookings. No refunds will be made in respect of any cancellations.
- Changing accommodation is provided at Stadium Fitness if required.
- If a credit is given in respect of a cancelled booking, the credit must be used for the next booking made by the hirer. All credits will have a pre-stated expiry date (normally the end of one calendar month).
- Hirers may request changes to their original bookings giving a minimum of 7-calendar days notice and will be granted and determined on availability at the discretion of the Stadium.
- All persons using the council facilities shall behave in a manner that does not cause injury, damage or nuisance to property, staff or other users of the stadium or ground.
- The hirer will be liable for any damage caused to the pitch, equipment, building, fences or any other of the Council’s property by their own members, or the members and supporters of a hirer against whom they are playing. Hirers are asked to ensure that they treat the facilities in a considerate and proper manner including no washing of boots in showers, kicking of footballs in buildings or leaving litter. No glass bottles or glass in any other form must be taken into the facilities.
- Stadium Management shall not be responsible for (and Stadium insurance does not extend too) any loss, damage or injury that occurs during the hire of the i-Pitch, this applies in any circumstance. The hirer will be responsible for any claim against the Stadium Management (Halton Borough Council) which is a direct result of the hirer’s activity or where negligence can be proved.
The hirer is advised to take out adequate insurance with a reputable company to cover any loss or damage to property and injury or death to any person caused by negligence during or in connection of the hired period.
- It is the responsibility of the hirer to ensure that where applicable, public liability insurance is in place providing cover for the group/teams activities, a copy of which may be requested which will then be held by The Stadium.
- No alcohol shall be brought into the Stadium except by prior permission of the Council in writing.
- All hirers must comply with the Council’s equal opportunities policy wherein they do not discriminate, harass, victimise or bully on the grounds of race, nationality, colour, ethnic or national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion or philosophical belief, creed or disability.
- Halton Borough Council reserves the right to cancel/abandon any booking for the health and safety of other users of the pitch.
- No food must be consumed on the pitch area. No chewing gum
- It is the responsibility of the hirer to ensure that all participants forming part of the booking who are taking part in physical activities are physically and medically fit to do so. The Hirer is to ensure that a suitably qualified and competent first aider and first aid kit is provided for the duration of the hire. All injuries are to be reported to Stadium Fitness staff.
- The hirer agrees to undertake a risk assessment of their activities and to ensure that all participants comply with all relevant health and safety legislation or other appropriate guidelines, relevant thereto at all times during the period of hire.
- It is the responsibility of the hirer to ensure that people attending their activity/event are familiar with the evacuation procedure for the i-Pitch and give due consideration to evacuating less ambulant people who attend their activity/event i.e. young children, elderly or those who have a disability particularly those who have a wheelchair or walking aid.
- Where multiple users attend who have mobility problems and or learning difficulties/dementia or are elderly and infirm the hirer shall ensure that appropriate ratios of staff/carers are in attendance to assist where required for the activity/event.
- Halton Borough Council makes every effort to ensure that its facilities are “fit for purpose” and above all safe. To this end, the Stadium has a separate risk assessment for general use of the i-pitch, a copy of which can be obtained by contacting Stadium Fitness.
- The hirer is required to conduct a visual risk inspection of the area hired prior to each occasion of use and report any defects or hazards to Stadium Fitness reception and they will be removed/cleaned off promptly where possible.
- It is the responsibility of nominated and trained HBC staff to ensure that goalposts are in the correct position prior to a booking. Under no circumstances should the pitch hirer or any person affiliated with the hirer move goalposts from this position. If goalposts are not in the correct position prior to a booking the hirer must make HBC staff aware in order for HBC staff to arrange for the goalposts to be moved.
- Correct footwear (as detailed below) must be worn at all times on the artificial surface. Any footwear other than listed below is NOT suitable and therefore should not be worn. It remains the responsibility of the hirer to ensure correct footwear is worn at all times. Failure to do so could result the forfeiture of the booking and consequent bookings without any adjustment of fees.
Football Boots- Studs
- A hirer failing to comply with any of these regulations and conditions will be liable to forfeit the use of the pitch without any adjustment of fees in respect thereof, such forfeiture to be without prejudice to any other claims or remedies which Halton Borough Council may have against the hirer.
- Smoking within the Stadium is prohibited this includes the use of e-cigarettes. Any user found to be in contravention of this instruction will be asked to leave the ground and may result in the forfeiture of the booking and consequent bookings without any adjustment of fees.
- The Hirer is responsible for ensuring that all participants use the decontamination zone brushes prior to use of the i-Pitch ensuring that boots are clean and free from mud/dirt and also after use of the i-Pitch. Boots are not to be worn in the internal areas of the Stadium at any time.